If you're having trouble viewing this, try using Firefox or Safari as your browser.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

There are no words - seriously, no words - to describe how much I love Amazon.  I hate to shop in general.  The whole wandering around and browsing makes me want to yawn just thinking about it.  And it is only worse here in Germany because I can't read the signs telling me what the different sections are or what is in each aisle.  So I have to wander up and down each aisle looking for the one item I came in to buy.  Torture!

But, then I found amazon.de (oh, the emotion!).  Yes, it is all in German, but at home on my computer I can just open another window with google translate and I am good to go.  We are Amazon Prime customers (brag, I know), so the two-day shipping is free.  The beauty of amazon.de is that Germany is such a small country that most things arrive the next day.  So, whenever I need something, I simply order it, and it shows up on my doorstep lickity-split.  All I have to do is smile at the nice deliveryman, sign my name, utter a quick "Danke" and I have whatever I need.  Beautiful!

This is the Amazon pile that arrived today.  Jessica is going on a five-day hike for her school trip next week, so she needed some gear.  Thanks again, Amazon!

(Oops.  I mean Danke schön!)

2 comments:

  1. Amazon Prime: Best. Thing. EVER!! I am constantly amazed by the things I find on Amazon.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon Prime has doubled my orders. Now I don't think twice about getting things whenever I need them (AKA - things I don't need at all). Having it come right away is fantastic. I always price shop between .de and .com.

    ReplyDelete