Today I had a cold and did nothing all day but lay on the couch and doze off while I watched TV (it was kind of awesome, but I won't go into that now).
Since I was such a slug and didn't actually do anything worth noting, I took a photo of Something About Germany That I Think Is Really Cool And I Wish We Had In America.
I love, love, love the window shades they have here. Ours are made of wood, and when they are down, they completely block out any light. They also are a good insulation against the cold, and they are outside the windows so I never have to dust them. We let them up and down by pulling that strap you see to the right of the window. They really are rather brilliant.

They are fantastic! Dusting blinds stinks. They are so nice in the summer when the sun is blinding.
ReplyDelete