If you're having trouble viewing this, try using Firefox or Safari as your browser.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Our default meal:  mini-brauts, raw veggies, and the best/easiest homemade mac-n-cheese ever.  This is what we have when I don't want to think about dinner, which unfortunately is often.

If you are interested, here's how to make the mac-n-cheese:
Bring 2 cups water, 1 cup milk, and 2 bouillon cubes to a boil.  Add 2 cups macaroni, reduce heat, and let the liquid boil down (about 10 minutes).  Add 1 1/2 cups grated cheese.  (We can't get cheddar cheese here, so I use grated gouda.  Best. Stuff. Ever.)

5 comments:

  1. No cheddar cheese? Oh that isn't right. Not at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What type of bouillon cubes? I want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMM! Sounds awesome. I'm definitely going to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yum! The homemade stuff I made the other day was all too mediocre! Next time, I'm trying your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waaaaay better than my default meal. It's pancakes and eggs. Dump dry pancake mix in a bowl, add water, unmeasured- straight from the tap. Sprinkle in some wheat flour or chocolate chips, if you really want to go nuts. Voila! Dinner fixed and eaten in under 20 minutes!

    ReplyDelete