By far, the hardest thing about living in Germany has been feeling so disconnected at church. At no time is this more keenly felt than at stake conference twice a year. Unfortunately, today was no exception.
Here is headset provided so we can hear English translation. You will notice that it is in my lap, because it was maddening to wear it on my ear. The signal was not good, so I would only hear about every fifth word being said. This really bugged me today, because our stake presidency was reorganized and I really wanted to hear the testimonies of the men being released. I think I have mentioned before that I adore our former stake president, and it was a little heart-breaking to not hear his farewell testimony.
Because I was obviously at my wits' end, my awesome husband rounded up the kids and we left during the intermediate hymn (sshhh...don't tell my parents). When we got home, I got busy making myself a Consolation Chocolate Cake.
I made it from scratch (that's how desperate I was), and it was delicious.


No comments:
Post a Comment