Tomorrow is the German Election Day, so there are campaign posters everywhere. The way I understand it, German people vote for a party, and then the number of votes a party wins determines how many seats it gets in parliament. There are are more parties than I can keep track of, and some of them are pretty wacky.
Here is one that I find particularly disturbing:
The NPD is the modern Nazi party (oh yes, it's still around). Their slogan "Guten Heim Flug" means "Good Flight Home." If you look closely at the picture, you can see that it depicts people of Middle Eastern descent flying on a magic carpet. The sentiment behind it is "We will send all Middle Easterners home because they aren't welcome here." Charming, isn't it?
I just had to get a photo of this, because I can't believe stuff like this is still out there. And the scary thing is, some people are going to vote for this.

Super scary!
ReplyDeleteI drove around town getting some awesome pics of the elections signs as well. The NPD party is pathetic. I can't believe people don't rip their signs down. Well, I don't go around ripping down Confederate flags so who am I to yap about it.
ReplyDelete