Tonight, we went to the musical put on by the YSA's in our stake to commemorate the 50 year anniversary of the Berlin Stake. It was quite entertaining; they had a slide show with photos, newspaper clippings, etc for each decade since 1961, then they would do a song and dance number to showcase that decade.
This stellar pose was from "Footloose", the number they did to celebrate the 1980's. It was delightful, but I did take issue with their costumes. We did not look that dorky in the 80's!
(Or did we? Now that I think about it, there were an unfortunate amount of mullets and side-ponies...)
I also have to include a photo of this number showcasing the Stasi. Apparently before the Berlin Wall fell, church members were occasionally allowed into East Berlin to attend youth events. However, they were usually accompanied by Stasi, the DDR's secret police.
I live here and everything seems so normal (for the most part), so I forget that not too long ago Berlin was such a different world. Amazing.


I don't remember looking that "awesome" either. Either way, I'm sorry we missed the show.
ReplyDelete