In one week - ONE WEEK - from today, I will be in America for the summer!!!
And, can you guess what I am looking forward to the most right now?
Let me give you a hint:
Yep, I'm looking forward to driving on big, wide, American, non-squishy roads.
Today as I was running some errands, I found myself holding my breath in tight spots, as if sucking in was going to somehow shrink the width of my car and I'd have more than a couple of inches on either side to maneuver my car. And, I can't wait to back out of a parking space without making a 50-point turn to wedge my car out.
Of course, I'm also looking forward to seeing all my friends and family, but today it is all about the roads. I MISS NON-SQUISHY ROADS!!
Of course, I'm also looking forward to seeing all my friends and family, but today it is all about the roads. I MISS NON-SQUISHY ROADS!!

The roads in Japan were so tight that sometimes I would hold my breath and close my eyes. At least there we drove a tiny vehicle. Our van here is INSANELY inappropriate.
ReplyDelete