If you're having trouble viewing this, try using Firefox or Safari as your browser.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

This morning was Luke's spring concert.  He informed me at breakfast that I should sit on the front row, since (as he put it) I never sit on the front row and he likes me to sit on the front row.

So, I hustled to the concert so I'd be on time to get a front-row seat.  As you know, parents and grandparents of preschool children are really the most aggressive sub-species of the human race, so it took a little doing, but I was able to man-handle my way into a front row seat.
Well, my efforts paid off.  When Luke took the stage and saw me on the front row, he was ecstatic.  He grinned at me during the whole show, often jabbing the kid next to him to point me out.  

I don't expect to get such blatant adoration from him for much longer, so I sat and basked in every minute of it.  It was totally worth mowing over all those other moms to get the front-row seat.

1 comment: