If you're having trouble viewing this, try using Firefox or Safari as your browser.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

This evening, Brad and I were sitting in our condo chit-chatting with Becky while the kids played around outside.  I was talking about how guilty I feel that Luke can't ride a two-wheeler, when I looked up and saw him coast by, unassisted, on his cousin's bicycle.  I literally stopped mid-sentence, and ran outside to make sure I wasn't seeing things.  

Apparently, minutes before, Lukie had asked Uncle Dave to help him ride Sophie's bike.  Not realizing this was Luke's first attempt, Dave hoisted him onto the seat and let him go.  Luke just took off.  Dave was surprised to see me come rushing out, making a big fuss about Luke riding a two-wheeler.  After that, Dave followed Luke around, coaching him on the finer points of bicycle riding.  

This lasted for a glorious 20 minutes, after which Luke had his first bicycle crash.  He wasn't quite so gung-ho after that.

1 comment:

  1. Ha. He showed you. Now he can show all the other kids in the ward who are cheating with their balance bikes!

    ReplyDelete