Today, Brad discovered his new obsession: surfing behind the boat.
His cousin's husband Brian took us out on his boat this afternoon and showed us how to surf behind the boat. If you rig everything just right, you can get enough force in the boat wake to keep you going without holding on to the rope. You can see that the rope in Brad's hands is very slack. Unfortunately, I didn't get any good shots of him after he'd thrown the rope back on the boat, because that is when it gets really impressive.
It looked so fun, I had to give it a try. I wasn't nearly good enough to even attempt to drop the rope, but I still really liked it. It is so much easier on my tired, ole body than waterskiing or even wakeboarding. Mostly, I was just relieved that I could get up so I didn't humiliate myself in front of all the Surfer Dudes.
So enjoyed being on the boat and getting to visit with you for a bit (and thanks for the pics of Scott!) And in reality you looked incredibly impressive and at-ease on the board, just getting up and taking to it like an old-pro.
ReplyDeleteMad skills I tell you. So impressed (and proud!).
ReplyDelete