If you're having trouble viewing this, try using Firefox or Safari as your browser.

Friday, April 1, 2011

These two little guys are atop the fence post of a house on my street.  I pass them every time I walk to Bedford Falls, and they always make me smile.  They also make me intensely curious.  Who are they and what do they represent?  

Our house was built in 1918, and the houses in our neighborhood all appear to be of that period.  A German lady in our ward once commented that our house was probably built by a Jewish family, because they were the only ones with money in 1918, so it is likely that many of the houses around us have Jewish histories.  I think these guys look like they may be Jewish, and it makes my head spin trying to imagine the story behind them being perched on this fence post in Berlin, Germany since before World War II.

1 comment: