A friend posted a link to this song on Facebook yesterday, and I've been a little obsessed with it ever since. The song is "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye, and I love it.
I think this film clip is amazing. The song is musically interesting, the lyrics are raw and honest, and the visuals are so intriguing. I can't stop watching it. Even Lukie loves it - he calls it the "Drawing Song".
I don't know why this is resonating with me so much. It's not like I have a sad life. At all. I guess it just captures perfectly how it feels to be vulnerable, rejected, angry, hurt, invisible, and lonely.
And, I'm in the mood to be sad.

I love it to (have you seen the cover by Walk off the Earth? So good). It almost makes me cry since it such an antithesis of what I feel is so beautiful about our Mormon religion, a glorious connected human family, and the idea of someone being somebody I used to know, so sad! I also showed it to my kids and they marveled with how artistic it looked. Rob's comment when he saw it? That is totally European teeth.
ReplyDeleteI think I've watched it another 5-10 times since Thai Food Tuesday. Ugh. It just sucks you in.
ReplyDeleteEuropean teeth = my new catch phrase. Awesome.